Pillard NovaFlam received the Engineered Sustainability® brand
Pillard NovaFlam, Fives’ rotary kiln burner for cement plant was recently awarded the Engineered Sustainability® brand.
The Engineered Sustainability® approach defines a demanding and long-term eco-design process, and leads to branding solutions which offer high levels of industrial and environmental performance with the Engineered Sustainability® mark.
The eco-design studies on Pillard NovaFlam, which started in February 2013, revealed that this technology allows customer achieving:
→ A better plant Operability:
- Higher kiln availability with 30% less volatilization, no reduced yellow clinker, less ring formation, less refractory maintenance
- Flexibility with a high reactivity to variable conditions
- Easy to use for operator
→ Improvements on plant Performances:
- A clinker quality improved up to 2 Mpa higher at 3 days strength.
- A specific consumption reduction with 4% reduction of fuel consumption and 5% reduction of cement mill power consumption.
- Production improvement up to 4 to 7%
- A high alternative fuel substitution with up to 100% fluff and 60% saw dust
- NOx reduction up to 11%
Benefits are based on best cases studies achieved performances compared to competitive technologies previously installed. These performances are not all achievable simultaneously.